We are seeking someone with minute-taking experience to join our small, friendly Auckland team.
ONZL is a professional services organisation with offices in Auckland and Wellington. Our team of enthusiastic, friendly and committed staff provide business support services to professional industry groups, private Boards and Government department committees.
The role of the Secretariat is to support allocated clients in the successful delivery of organisational goals, industry projects, events and other business outputs. You will be working across a range of clients and projects simultaneously.
You will have regular clients who need minutes and action registers for their monthly, quarterly or ad hoc meetings. You will attend the meetings at client offices (across Auckland), Monday-Friday with the occasional Saturday, with the flexibility to do the rest of the work from home.
For other clients you will assist with arranging the meeting and taking care of logistics, including preparation of meeting papers and correspondence.
If you like to work with people, are great at taking clear minutes (and enjoy it too), and are open to working flexible hours across the day/early evening, then this could be the perfect role for you.
This is a 12-month contract working an average of 10 hours per week.
- Ensure quality of service delivery by the ONZL team for allocated clients
- Co-ordinate, prepare and circulate meeting papers for meetings
- Organise and attend meetings (in person or via audio conference) and take minutes and action points
- Co-ordinate and record voting on decisions and issues
- Provide information for the meeting e.g. reports, clarification of issues discussed or decisions taken in previous meetings
- Arrange travel and accommodation
To be successful in this role you will have:
- At least three years’ experience in a similar role
- Proven document editing/proofing experience
- Experience in the drafting of agendas, minutes and progress reports
- Experience working with people from different cultures, backgrounds and experience
- Good organisational skills
- A clear and confident communication style
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Outlook.
- A full drivers licence and own vehicle
The ideal candidate is someone able to work flexible hours with:
- Highly effective oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and to work to deadlines
- Strong relationship building skills
- Integrity and professionalism
- Problem solving abilities